Monday, August 23, 2010

New Year Cards with Thailand’s National Symbols

I was using Google to find the website of the National Identity Office (สำนักงานเสริมสร้างเอกลักษณ์ของชาติ) in order to clean up the entry in Librarything, and since their website as no English content the search did turn up many other things instead.

Among many uninteresting sites, one result was a small news report by the Public Relation Department titled New Year Cards for 2010 Illustrating Thailand’s National Symbols. I only found out about the three official national symbols earlier this year, so I did not notice these cards when they were issued - now half a year later they are for sure sold out. The drawings are much more beautiful then those photos I had used to illustrate my earlier post, so even they are no longer available I still want to share this finding. And maybe for next New Year a new set will be produced, and then someone in Thailand wants to send me a nice greeting by mail?

No comments: